Propogation of the boycott of Israel within the UK:I have been a bit of a watcher recently, and it seems that boycotting Israel as a means of protesting their treatment of Palestinians is becoming more widespread in the UK. Here is a compilation of various articles that I have received on this.
- Guardian Unlimited: Israeli ministers discuss British boycott threa
- Monday June 4th
- summary: In response to the various boycotts instigated by British organisations, Israel is urging its supporters in North America to boycott Britain, as well as a boycott by the zionist government itself. They argue (as usual) that such a boycott is anti-semetic and akin to the Holocaust.
- My opinion: there is that ‘disagreeing with Israel is anti-semetic’ again. They know it is just a strategy, I just hope those responsible for the boycott realise there is no legitimate basis of such a comparision.
- Top architects accuse Israelis of oppression
- May 26th, Guardian Unlimited
- Excerpt: ” Leading British architects have accused their counterparts in Israel of
complicity in schemes that contribute to the “social, political and economic
oppression of Palestinians”.”
- Battle for Britain
- May 27th, Haaretz
- Excerpt: “The number of British organizations calling for the boycott of Israel, their public campaigns, and their constant comparisons between Israel and the apartheid regime of South Africa have made the battle for British public opinion particularly significant. “
- Britains’ Largest Labour Union threatens to boycott Israel
- May 31, Jerusalem Post
- Excerpt: “A day after the British Union of Colleges and Universities (UCU) voted to consider imposing a boycott on Israeli academics, UNISON, the largest labor union in Britain, threatened to impose a boycott of their own on Israeli products.”
- U.K. Union backs calls for the boycott of Israeli academics
- May 30, Haaretz
- Excerpt: “Britain’s University and College Union (UCU) voted Wednesday in favor of a motion calling for an academic boycott of Israel, in protest of Israel’s policy regarding the Palestinians. “
- Why an Academic Boycott of Israel is necessary
- January 3 2007, electronic intifada
- Interview with Jonathan Rosenhead of BRICUP
- November 2006, Palestine Campaign
- BRICUP: BRItish Committee for Universities of Palestine
This list was mainly a reminder to myself.